LawRefs Customized Legal Information
Attorney Renee C. Walsh

Remove Your Payee! Learn How. Get Form SSA-11.

You have the right to receive your own Social Security check.  Get rid of your payee.  Show the Social Security Administration you can manage the … [Read more...]

Find Your Local Social Security Office

Follow this link to find the Social Security Administration's Website: Official Website. Find your local office by zip code by clicking: Locate … [Read more...]

Minor Becomes Her Own Social Security Disability Payee

This is a follow-up from a minor receiving disability who inquired of LawRefs about changing the payee of her benefits. Thank you for taking the time … [Read more...]

SSD – Discussion of the initial application process and what happens from there.

The Initial Application: The initial application is the Application for Disability Insurance Benefits, Form SSA-16-BK, or Application for … [Read more...]

Social Security Disability Claim – Success after Multiple Denials

I defended a hospital in this medical malpractice claim. The claimant lost oxygen for about eight minutes during a routine outpatient procedure. His … [Read more...]